fredag 4 januari 2013

Joe Runner

Joe Strummer var tydligen marathonlöpare. På kvällen: 10 pints av öl, på morgonen Paris Marathon på 3:20. Säger historien iaf. Svårt att bekräfta innan internets födelse.

Inte riktigt lika coolt som om han varit styrkelyftare, och det syns det ju tydligt att han inte var, men ändå ...



Q: Didn’t you once run in the Paris Marathon?
Joe: Yep. I ran three of them.
Q: Correct me if I’m wrong but is it also true that you never trained for any of them?
Joe: You shouldn’t really ask me about my training regime, you know.
Q: Why?
Joe: Because it’s not good and I wouldn’t want people to copy it.
Q: Don’t make me beat it out of you.
Joe: Okay, you want it, here it is. Drink 10 pints of beer the night before the race. Ya got that? And don’t run a single step at least four weeks before the race.
Q: No running at all?
Joe: No, none at all. And don’t forget the 10 pints of beer the night before

Inga kommentarer: